The Dorsey familyâ€™s tradition of serving authentic soul food in Oakland began in 1941, when Henry & Wilma Dorsey opened their family restaurant in West Oakland on 18th & Market, supported by a close knit family. The business relocated in 1956 to Bosn's Locker on Shattuck Avenue where a cocktail lounge was added to the Restaurant under the supervision of Clarence Dorsey, with the assistance of brothers, Tom, Armstead & Jack Dorsey. Three years later another brother, Martin Luther, who followed their fatherâ€™s career path as an educator in Texas, came to Oakland and personally hand built the existing bar at â€œThe Lockerâ€. Henry & Wilma continued to provide appetizing â€œTexas Styleâ€ soul food, until Henryâ€™s death and Dorseyâ€™s Bosn Locker was sold in 1986. However, in 1996 the next generation of Dorsey's reclaimed its legacy by forming Dorsey & Associates, Inc., to continue the business as Dorseyâ€™s Locker.