1. Can you list your business on SBO if you are not Black or of African decent?
- No. The business owner must be at least 50% Black owned.
2. Is Support Black Owned a racist website?
- No. Many consumers are looking specifically for Black owned businesses and Support Black Owned fulfills this need for them.
- You can't buy a whopper at Taco Bell
3. Is Support Black Owned website owned by a Black person?
- Yes. 100% Black Owned.
4. Does a company that wants to advertise on your site need to Black Owned?
- No. Any company can purchase a banner or ad space, but only Black owned companies can be listed in the directory.
5. I created my business profile some time ago, why hasn't it been approved?
- We were unsuccessfully able to verify that your business is at least 50% Black owned. You may contact us to provide proof.
6. I created my business profile, how do i edit/update the information?
- There is a video with written instructions, just click on the "How To" menu item.
- See video here.
7. My business profile was active on the site, but i can't find it. Was it removed? If so why?
- Your business may not be removed, it may have just been deactivated for various reasons.
- Your business was reported as not being a black owned company.
- Your business does not have a phone number for customers to reach you.
- Your website has been reported as unsafe or dangerous and our link to your site causes our site to be reported.
8. I created an account, but when I try to log on to list my business my account is not active or isn't recognized.
- Once you create an account you have to validate it. Check your spam folder for the activation link.
- Call customer service and speak with a representative or leave a message. 305-780-0905
9. Is it free to list your business on the Support Black Owned Directory?
- Yes it is free to list your business.
- We do have some paid packages which offer more features for your business.
10. If it is free to list on Support Black Owned, why would I pay for the premium service?
- The premium services get your business profile in front of more customers and also helps you build your social media following.
11. Do I have to add my Logo and pictures?
- No you don't, but think like a consumer. When you are shopping, if you can't see any pictures of the products, you will more than likely pass over the business.
- Adding pictures will show how good your work or product is and will more than likely result in higher sales conversions.